Sunday, March 23, 2014

Blog Post #9

Kathy Cassidy is an elementary school teacher who encourages the use of technology in her classroom. I love seeing young students blogging and learning how to use the latest technologies in the classroom. I think it is so much more important than some people realize to start teaching students technology at a young age. It just benefits them in the long run because technology is never going away, and there are so many great tools out there that they can utilize. Because of EDM310, I have decided that I will have my students blog. I have always thought that it would be a great way to connect them to the rest of the world, but I never thought about how it would benefit the parents. Kathy Cassidy uses it as a way for the parents of her students to be able to keep track of their students progress. That is such a great idea! With a blog, the parents can always be up to date with what their student is doing. There is so much to learn from Kathy Cassidy, and it is so great to see a teacher embracing technology in the classroom like she does.

Interview with Cassidy Part 1
Interview with Cassidy Part 2
Interview with Cassidy Part 3

Student and teacher at chalkboard

2 comments:

  1. I agree, technology is here to stay. I also think it is important to use it for learning purposes. Why not use the resources we have, right? It is great to see a teacher putting it to action. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have liked to see you give a little more information on what Mrs. Cassidy talked about in her videos, as well as more insight to what benefits and impediments you might encounter by using blogging in your classroom.

    ReplyDelete