Sunday, January 19, 2014

What About EDM 310?

Because I am a transfer student I have heard nothing about this class prior to the first day. I have taken a technology and education type of class at my previous school, but I feel like this class is going to be a little different from that one. However, I am really looking forward to EDM 310. I am fascinated by technology, and I think it is very important in the classroom. I know from the syllabus that this class can be more challenging than others, but I am up for the task. I also know that this class is different from most classes I've taken, but I think it will be a great change of pace. I am excited that this class will be project-based. That's how I like to learn, and I feel projects are the best way to master new technologies. Because I know this is a project-based class, and I know there is a heavy work load; I feel like making time for all the work will probably be the hardest part of the course. I don't feel like it is going to be a huge problem for me though. Because I know ahead of time that this class will take up a lot of my time, I can plan accordingly. Knowing how important it is to be efficient with many different technologies in the modern classroom, I look forward to learning everything I can in EDM310.

How EDM310 is Different

Computer

2 comments:

  1. "...I feel projects are the best way to master new technologies. " To master anything. It appears you are well prepared for EDM310! Welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kayla! I'm also a transfer student here at South, but I at least had some prior knowledge from a friend who had previously taken this course. I've always had a likeness to technology and am very excited about EDM310 as well. I really think technology will be a great tool for us to utilize in our classrooms, bringing with it a beneficial way for us to instruct our students. I feel technology to be a learning tool that can reach students across all levels, and is something that more teachers should be willing to implement in their classrooms and take full advantage of.

    Like you, I'm glad that we all were able to have a "heads-up" as to how much time we'll have to invest outside of the classroom to get our work done. Knowing now rather than later can really help us to plan around our busy lives outside of class, at least mine anyway haha. Most of the time, I'm absolutely horrible with trying to keep up with when things are due or when something major is going on if I don't IMMEDIATELY enter it into my iCal, so having the Master Checklist is really going to help me with getting my ducks in a row :)

    I wish you the best of luck in the class and hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete