Thursday, January 16, 2014

Practice Blog Post

I am from a small city north of Mobile called Citronelle. I have lived there my entire life. I come from a very large, loud family with seven brothers and sisters. I have been married for a little over a year and a half now, and I love it! My husband is amazing, and he is my best friend. We have three dogs we have rescued, and they mean the world to me. I am a dedicated vegetarian and animal rights advocate. In addition, I feel very strongly about doing my part to keep our Earth healthy. My favorite ways to spend my time are reading and yoga. I love to read! My most favorite thing in the world is a book. I also enjoy doing yoga. I just feel so healthy and calm after doing yoga.I also love to travel! I love seeing new places and meeting new people! I was previously a student at the University of Mobile, but I felt that USA would be a better fit for me, so I made the transfer this semester.

I want to be a teacher because I want to make a difference in the world. Teachers have a huge influence in the lives' of their students. I want to be able to make my students more knowledgable, but I also want to help mold them into better global citizens. I think it is so important for teachers to have a passion for learning, and a passion for making a difference. The reason I chose to be an English teacher because I want to show students how much fun reading can be. Books allow us to live through many adventures we may not have to chance to experience in our lifetime.

Collage of Alex and Kayla Powell

No comments:

Post a Comment